Dated: January 15, 2008.
Painted test shots from
Cuirassier Corps, Leib Regimentīs Brigade - Officer 1813
His uniform changed little since 1796. Untill 1807 it was entirely yellow except for the dark blue trimming of the turnbacks. Only the breast plate, with an edging ot tan leather, was worn, belts were white, with a tin tan edging. After 1807, all belting was tan, the collar was dark blue, and the complete cuirass, with a dark-blue fraise, was issued. Enlisted men had black helmet crests.
This leather helmet proved too fragile for active service in 1813, so was temporarily replaced by assorted shakos (including some French) until better helmet of the early Russian cuirassier type could be manufactured in Germany. The wars ended, the regiment went back to this original helmet.
Garde du Corps a Cheval - Private 1813
This was the only 1808-1815 mounted unit with full Guard status. Originally small (50 men), its members were considered officers. Its size must have been increased, undoubtedly by Bernadotte, in 1813 it was referred to as a regiment".
It's dress uniform was a short white jacket with light blue facing (lapels were shield-shaped), light blue trousers with a double white stripe, and (from late 1813) shakos. At the end ot the 1814 campaigne Bernadotte had hussar uniform - white pelisse, sky-blue dolamn with white cuffs and collar, white bradiding and buttons, sky blue overalls with white stripes, and bell-crowned black shako with white plume - made up for it in Berlin.
Cuirassier and Guard figures.
Many thanks to Mr. Peter Styk.
www.hat.com and www.hat72.com - All rights reserved. Any unauthorized or commerical use of content or images are violations of applicable laws and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Any trademark usage or proprietary images on this page are only for the purposes of review or such, and is considered fair dealing and permissible under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act, 1988 (UK). Copyright 2008.